If it doesn't challenge you, it won't change you.
Kristin moved to Colorado from Indiana in 2008, and has thrived amidst the beauty and opportunity for activity that the state has to offer. Always athletic and interested in the human body, Kristin spent her first 5 years here as a personal trainer, then transitioned into the run specialty industry where she was able to combine her love of running with her other passion: helping people accomplish their goals. As a runner she has completed more than a dozen marathons, and a 50-mile trail race, and is now venturing back into the world of triathlon. After a 5 year hiatus following Ironman Coeur d'Alene in 2013, she finished Ironman Boulder and qualified for the 2018 Ironman World Championships in Kona, Hawaii.
As a competitive endurance athlete, she has benefited immensely from receiving regular massage; so much so that she felt called to share this gift with others. Kristin understands the challenges that active individuals, whether competitive athletes or recreational exercisers, face while balancing training with recovery, and has an innate sense of how to best assist the body to facilitate balance to maintain or return to health.
Education and certifications
- BS Kinesiology, Indiana University, Sport Communication-Print, 2004
- MS Kinesiology, Indiana University, Applied Sport Science, 2006
- RRCA Certified Running Coach, 2010
- NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist, 2012
- Graduate of Boulder Massage Therapy Institute, 2016
- Licensed Massage Therapist, 2016
- Assistant Instructor of Anatomy & Kinesiology at Boulder Massage Therapy Institute, 2016
- RockTape FMT (Functional Movement Techniques) Certification, 2018